Extreme motorcycle tours that will take you to the highest mountain pass in the world! Women are ready to cross the limits! This motorcycle safari tour is one of the best ways to discover the Indian Himalaya on your next holiday. Experience pure and complete pleasure taking the challenge of the twists and turns, riding your 50cc Royal Enfield motorcycle through the stunning landscape of the Indian Himalayas.
Colorful fluttering prayer flags spreading their spiritual messages, prestigious Buddhist Monasteries, holy rivers, sumptuous turquoise lakes capturing the reflection of arid mountains with snow-capped peaks, welcome to the world of Ladakh!
We start our riding journey along with beas river towards of the town’s 332 residents Jispa to natural rock and sand formation place sarchu via yeti’s play ground “more plains” till Capital Of Ladakh “Leh”.Visit the leh & ladakh.
The mountain ranges in this region were formed over 45 million years by the folding of the Indian plate into the more stationary Eurasian Plate. The Indus River is the backbone of Ladakh
Ladakh is a high altitude desert as the Himalayas create a rain shadow, generally denying entry to monsoon clouds.
We ride through Pangong Lake, an endorheic lake in the Himalayas situated at a height of about 4,350 m (14,270 ft) to Tso kar lake ,The lake is at an altitude of 4,522 m (14,836 ft). It is the largest of the high altitude lakes entirely within India and entirely within Ladakh in this Trans-Himalayan biogeographic region ,then Tso kar lake , known for its size and depth, is a fluctuating salt lake situated in the Rupshu Plateau. 4,530 metres (14,860 ft).
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|TOTAL KMs||1625 aprox.|
|TOUR TIME||12 Days|
|CULTURE||Hinduism , Buddhism , shia Muslim|
|RIDING HOURS/DAY||6-8 hrs|
Fusce. Convallis morbi cubilia adipiscing. Sed aenean. Ac auctor, convallis parturient commodo parturient cum id eros curae; convallis. Hymenaeos non augue fusce habitasse consequat vitae libero nullam ac porttitor vulputate pulvinar sociis nullam. Netus porta primis. Volutpat conubia libero sociis quis. Sociosqu eros mattis.
|Options||Rider, Rider + Pillion|
In morning we come to pick you up at the Kullu Airport or at the bus station and drive you to your hotel. Our representatives are there to provide you all the services and soon you’ll be introduced to the bikes and all details about the tour. Go-Pro Cameras on helmets, riding gears, Royal Enfield Bikes, let’s start riding around Manali Valley with Adventure activities!
Head to Jispa. We will cross the Rohtang pass which reaches an altitude of 4050m and from where you can see the snow white peaks of Lahaul Mountains that contrast with fluttering Buddhist prayer flags along the way. The pass provides a natural divide between the sub-humid/humid Kullu Valley with a primarily Hindu culture (in the south), and the arid/semi-arid high-altitude Lahaul and Spiti valleys with a Buddhist culture (in the north). From that side, we follow our route towards Jispa. This little village, barely 332 inhabitants, is situated at an altitude of 3200m. Jispa is usually promoted by travel operators as a necessary halt on the way to Ladakh when coming from Manali. Located right at the banks of river Bhaga, Jispa will offer you a fabulous view of the valley and an incomparable peace..
Get ready to cross the Ladakh borders! We’ll ride on a torturous zigzag shaped uphill road that lies in the shadow of the hanging glacier to Baralach La (4900m). Further, at Lachulung La, you can see incredible natural sculpture built by the wind blowing through the rocks of a canyon that reminds one of a scenery in Arizona.
We start our descent to the green fields of Sarchu plateau and finally reach Pang, an useful halt on Manali Leh highway. There we’ll camp and spend a fun and convivial time together before sleeping among the clouds as this place reaches an altitude of 4500m! We’ll make a stop in Pang, a useful halt on Manali Leh highway. There we’ll camp and spend a fun and convivial time together before sleeping among the clouds as this place reaches an altitude of 4500m!
Pang - Tso - Kar Lake - Tso - Moriri Lake
We follow our route in direction of Tso Kar Lake. We take an endless strip of asphalt loops that look like scratched into the reddish cliffs and start our descent on the More Plains road, a long, wide and straight road. The More Plain is home to many species of animals like the Tibetan wild ass or kiang, wild horses, marmots. If you are lucky, you can even spot Changspa nomads camping in the surreal landscape of the More Plains. Flanked by beautiful mountains on both sides, this area is a major attraction to the Bikers heading towards Leh from Manali. This huge ‘top-of-the-world’ plateau presents a landscape unlike anything else on your journey.
After the visit, head to Tso Kar lake, a fluctuating salt lake situated at 4530m altitude. It is known for its size (22 km²) and depth (95m) but also for its incredible bird abundance and diversity. After appreciating an immense and sumptuous panorama showing nature at its best, be ready for the next mother’s nature masterpiece! With a depth of 105m and a size of 120 Km², Tso Moriri lake is located at an altitude of 4595m and is the largest of the high altitude lakes in the Trans-Himalayan biogeographic region, entirely within India. The captivating color of the lake surrounded by majestic mountains, the incredible wealth of fauna and flora will make you feel like in a veritable heaven upon earth. This place is such peaceful that after nightfall, you could hear only your own heartbeat… or the roar of a snow Leopard!
Tso Moriri Lake - Leh
On this day we will take a short break from the long ride to see more of Ladakh’s main sights. India’s “Little Tibet” was highly influenced by the presence of Singge Namgyal, the greatest king of Ladakh, who decided to open the famous trade route to Central Asia region. In 1974 the region was opened for visitors and since 2002 has a substantial number of tourists.
Nowadays, Leh is the most important town and the capital of Ladakh region. With 27,513 inhabitants and an altitude of 3524m, the town tripled its size in the last two decades and became a focal point for sightseeing. In addition of its many cultural places and monuments (Shanti Stupa, Leh Palace, Leh Mosque, Namgyal Tsemo Gompa…) mostly influenced by a Tibetan secular architecture, you will find great enjoyment losing yourself in the small charming narrow streets, going to meet local people and hang around in the small craft shops and markets.
Leh - Khardung La - Nubra Valley
From Leh, we are ready to explore the fabulous Nubra Valley, a high altitude cold desert (about 3028m altitude) with rare precipitation and scant vegetation except along river beds. On the road, we will travel over the Khardung La pass listed in Guinness World Records as it is 5602m high! The world’s highest motorable pass. After taking again your breath, we start entering in the Nubra Valley where you will be impressed by the incredible diversity of its landscapes. Snow-capped peaks, Rocky Mountains full of surprising contrasts and colors, and at its base sand dunes, bordered by an abundant vegetation and its river. You will fully enjoy visiting the Diskit Monastery where is exhibited the 35 meters statue of Maitreya Buddha, go swimming in the Nubra River, riding on the back of camels or just taking a walk in that unusual surroundings.
Nubra Valley - Pangong Lake
After taking advantage a last time of this wonderful place, we will begin our trip to Pangong Lake , We will start in the early morning to ride to Pangong Lake. With a size of 700 km², a depth of 100m and an altitude of 4350m, Pangong Lake is also called “long narrow enchanted lake” by the Tibetans. Although its water is salty, the lake freezes completely over in winter.We will stay there for one night, camping in the middle of one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world!
Pangong Lake - Karu
We Start Our journey towards Karu After crossing 3rd highest Pass in the world Chang-La (5360mts.)
Karu - Sarchu
We take the road again towards Sarchu, (also known as Sir Bhum Chun), a major halt point with tented accommodation. We will spend the night there at an altitude of 4290m!
Sarchu - Manali
From Sarchu, we begin to ride back in direction of Manali , through the wonderful region of Keylong that will still captivate you with its unique and majestic landscape. Back to Manali where our riding days come to the end. For our last night a warm farewell with camp fire, barbecue and guitar live show will be organized with Hardev Motors Team.
We hope that you spent an enjoyable trip with us.
End of the tour. In the morning, you are free to do some shopping for the family and friends. Shawls, Tweed jackets, costume jewelry, Tibetan handicrafts are the local arts and crafts that you can find easily in Manali and for a reasonable price. After lunch, a transfer to the Kullu airport or Manali bus station will be organized by our team as per your schedule.
|IMPORTANT INFORMATION & THINGS TO CARRY||Minimum age is 21 years||Dress code is formal while not riding|
|Riding Gears(Jacket, Lower, Facemask, Riding Glove)||Helmet|
|Riding boots||Water proof/Rain cover/Riding gears|
|Swiss knife||Not recommended for participants with back problems|
|Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions||Not recommended for pregnant women|
|Passport and visa copies.||You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveller|
|Warm clothes(3 Jeans/2 warm jackets/thermal/etc)||Suitcases are not allowed on expedition. Carry soft bags/rucksack bags.|
Terms and Conditions
- Online Booking
- A deposit of 50% of the total estimated bill is required to hold the booking on a confirm basis at least 90 days before the tour starts and Due amount will be paid on 1st day of introduction/paper work.
- Security deposit
- Refundable if there is no damage on the bike.
- Required deposit: Rs. 10000/- per bike & one original ID proof.
- Cancellation and refunds
- 40% of the total estimated bill is refundable until 30 days before the tour starts.
- Above the stipulated time, 20% will be reimbursed.
- Responsibility of the applicant
- The company is not responsible in case of physical or fatal injuries.
- The company is not responsible for the bikes damages. If the body, clutch plates or riding gears are damaged because of rough riding the applicant will be charged.
- Trip extension
- If unforeseen circumstances necessitate a trip extension or if the participants decide to extend the motorbike tour, additional costs will be charged to them.
- Unexpected disruptions
- Hardev Motors organizes guided motorcycle tours in some of the wildest areas on earth, accordingly the weather and environment can be unstable especially in the Himalayas.
- Company is not responsible for changes in the itinerary or program that are a result of roadblocks, landslides, monsoon, heavy rain or snow fall and any natural crisis.
- Number of participants
- The cost is calculated with 6 riders, under/above this number, the package cost might increase/Decrease.
- Pay pal money transfer.
- The PayPal booking amount additional commission will be paid by the Participants only.
- Number of participants
- A minimum of 6 riders is required to start a tour. Under this number, The package cost might increase
- Conditions to participate in our rides
- To participate as a rider an individual has to be equal or above the age of 18 years at the time of the tour and be in possession of a valid motorcycle driving license and international driving license (for foreigners), be in good health condition and have at least 2 or 3 years experience in riding a motorcycle.
- As a pillion, an individual has to be equal or above the age of 12 years at the time of the tour, in good health condition and with at least some motorcycle co-riding experience.
The Cost includes:
- 6 Motorbike (500cc UCE)with fuel for the whole trip 11 days
- Backup vehicle to carry luggage, spare parts and mechanic for the entire trip as per the itinerary.
- Road captain with Motorbike
- with all Spare parts and tool kit
- Accommodation for 11 Nights (Twin sharing)
- Food MAP basis (Breakfast , Dinner )
- Juices and Mineral water.
- Helper / Back-up- Rider
- Medical kit (inc. Oxy. cylinder)
- Farewell party on a last day of ride.
- Cultural Program.
- T-shirts of your club
- Stickers of your Club on Motorcycles
- Photos and video of the whole trip.
- Inner line permits/monuments entrance fee
- Pick up & Dropping at (Kullu) airport /Bus Stand.
- All toll and GST Taxes.
The Cost Excludes:
- International /Domestic flights
- India Visa
- Motorbike damage will be covered from your Refundable security amount
- Medical insurance/Travel insurance coverage
- Trip extension in case of road blockage /Natural crisis.
- Riding Gears.
- Personal insurance and evacuation charges
- All expenses of personal nature such as Alcohol, laundry etc.
- Insurance against or for accidents / loss of life, loss of goods etc.
- Third party insurance.
- Tips to guides, drivers etc.
- Any item not included in the above “cost Includes
Important information and things to carry:
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Dress code is formal while not riding
- Riding Gears(Jacket, Lower, Facemask, Riding Glove)
- Riding boots
- Water proof/Rain cover/Riding gears
- Personal medicines
- Swiss knife
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Passport and visa copies.
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveller
- Warm clothes(3 Jeans/2 warm jackets/thermal/etc)
- Suitcases are not allowed on expedition. Carry soft bags/rucksack bags.